Ham and Cheese Rollups
This is a simple and quick dish which makes dinner in a pinch, or refrigerate and send with your kids for lunches. Simple and tasty
- 1 (8-ounce) package crescent rolls
- 1/2 pound ham, sliced (about 6 to 8 slices)
- 8 ounces Swiss Cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from delish.com
Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a casserole dish with cooking spray.
Prepare your prep area with a little bit of flower or a non-stick base like a plastic cutting board or parchment paper. Unroll the Crescent sheet and lay it horizontally. If you have the 'normal' Crescents, that's fine, just pinch the perforations together. OPTIONAL: Spread a very think layer of Mustard evenly across the entire sheet.
Place a layer of Ham across all but the topmost inch of the dough. Place the cheese in the middle of the ham. Do not go to the bottom edge, leave room for the first fold, and do not go above where the ham ends towards the top.
Starting with the bottom, tightly roll the dough upward, making a pinwheel.
Once rolled into a nice little log, cut in the center, making two equal halves. Cut these into halves as well. You should have 4 logs which are 4 to 5 inches in length (no worries if that's not the right length; I just made it up). Cut these into 3rds.
Place on the casserole dish evenly across the pan. It's best if they're not touching. OPTIONAL: Mix the Butter, Garlic Powder and Parsley together and brush across the tops of the wheels and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
7) Bake at 350 for about 13 minutes. OPTIONAL: sprinkle with Parmesan and bake another minute or 2 until the cheese melts - Only if you didn't do the Poppy Seeds.
You'll also love
- Katie Lee's Ham and Cheese... 2/5 (1 Votes)