- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 4 oz. shredded cheese (at least half should be a hard cheese such as Parmesan)
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 325 F.
1. Combine all ingredients. A food processor makes it really easy, but you can use a spoon, or even your hands. Keep combining until the ingredients cling together into a ball.
2. Using your hands, roll dough into a cylinder about 1.5 inches in diameter. Slice with a sharp knife, about three to an inch.
3. Put rounds on a baking sheet covered with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Leave enough space between each to flatten.
4. Using something with a flat bottom such as a measuring cup, flatten until the rounds are a little over 2" wide. Smooth out the edges with fingers.
Bake for about 14-18 minutes, though you might want to check before to see how they are coming along. When they begin to brown, remove from oven and cool. Makes approximately 24 crackers.
Store in a sealed container (a zip-top bag works fine).
Nutritional Information: Each cracker has slightly over half a gram effective carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber, 3 grams protein, and 54 calories.