Broccoli, Leek, & Potato Soup
"There will be no kissing after this eating this soup, but with its creamy delightful taste you will not mind."
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large leeks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 green onions, chopped (optional)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1. Stir bacon & olive oil in large pot over medium heat until bacon has turned golden brown & released its grease, about 7 minutes. Add butter, leeks, onion, & celery. Cook & stir until leeks have softened, about 7 minutes.
2. Pour in chicken stock, potatoes, herbes de Provence, coriander, fennel, salt, & pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, & simmer until potatoes are just beginning to turn tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in broccoli, & simmer 5 minutes. Add milk, & continue simmering until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes more.
3. Pour soup into a blender, filling pitcher no more than halfway full. Hold down lid of blender with a folded kitchen towel, & carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth & pour into a clean pot. Alternatively, you can use a stick blender & puree soup right in cooking pot. Season to taste with additional salt & pepper; sprinkle with chopped green onions to serve.
You'll also love
- Soft Glazed Pumpkin Sugar Cookies 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup (Chili's... 4.1/5 (56 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Weight Loss Magic Soup 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Homemade Pumpkin Puree' 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Potato, Leek & Cauliflower Soup 4.5/5 (31 Votes)