Panera Bread-Style Slow-Cooker Beef Stew
Panera Bread-Style Slow-Cooker Beef Stew is the perfect copy-cat recipe to the hearty soup you love from your favorite chain restaurant. Potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, garlic, and diced tomatoes come together with meaty beef chuck to make this truly scrumptious supper. Serve over rice or freshly-made mashed potatoes, and a couple hot-out-of-the-oven dinner rolls.
- 2 pounds beef chuck, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups small baby-cut carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 medium boiling potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups low-sodium beef broth and/or dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 510mins
Season beef with salt, pepper, and thyme. Roll it in the flour.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add beef, in batches if necessary to prevent crowding, and cook until browned all over, 4 to 5 minutes. Move to a slow-cooker.
Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the fat in the skillet. Add onions and celery, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Chop 1/2 cup of the carrots and add them to the skillet along with the garlic. Cook 2 minutes, and then transfer to a slow-cooker.
Add the remaining carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, broth or wine, Worcestershire sauce, and bay leaves to the slow-cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 8 hours. Remove bay leaves before serving.
You'll also love
- Spicy Jalapeño Philly Cheese... 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Belgium Beef Stew 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Queso Fundido Sauce 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Nut and Date Pie Crust (Paleo) 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Smoked Pork Chops with Spicy... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Fall off the Bone Roasted Chicken... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Paleo Pad Thai with Sunshine Sauce 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamy Dried Beef Dip (for... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)