Vegan Apple Carrot Muffins
The carrot and apple mixture are great together! the only I thing I did differently was half the salt called for to only 1 teaspoon. Enjoy often served warm with a hot cup of Joe.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups carrots, finely grated
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and shredded
- 6 teaspoons egg replacer (dry)*
- 1 1/4 cups applesauce
- 2 small mashed bananas.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
In a large bowl combine brown sugar, white sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in carrot and apple; mix well.
In a small bowl whisk together egg substitute, applesauce and bananas. Stir into dry ingredients.
Spoon batter into prepared pans.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely.
*Vegan egg substitute is a powder that you add water to, and can be bought at most grocery stores. It is fat free, vegan and has few calories per 'egg'. If you can't find it, use 6 eggs, but remember that the fat content will go way up." — Krista B
You'll also love
- Turkey Meatball Stroganoff 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Zucchini Crisp 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Spinach & Brie Puff Pastries 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Jalapeno Poppers Snack 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Weight Watchers' Noodle Kugel 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Crockpot Smoked Sausage & Hash... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry... 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Apple Pie Moonshine 3.9/5 (45 Votes)