Arugula-Pear-Blue Cheese Salad
A classic Arugula-Pear-Blue Cheese Salad pairs perfectly with most entrees. For a more pungent flavor, use gorgonzola cheese.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. pear preserves
- 1/2 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil $
- 8 cups loosely packed arugula
- 2 Bartlett pears, cut into 6 wedges each
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from southernliving.com
1. Process 1/4 cup preserves and next 5 ingredients in a food processor 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth. With processor running, pour oil through food chute in a slow steady, stream, processing until smooth. Transfer to a 2-cup measuring cup or small bowl, and stir in remaining 2 Tbsp. pear preserves.
2. Place arugula in a large serving bowl. Top with pears, blue cheese, and walnuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette.