Asian Barbecue Skewers
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1. Cut each thigh into 4 pieces about 1 1/2 inches thick. Thread chicken onto 7 inch long wooden skewers, folding thinner pieces if necessary. Place skewers into slow cooker, layering as flat as possible.
2. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, oil and garlic in small bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup of sauce; set aside. Pour remaining sauce over skewers. Cover; cook on LOW 2 hours. Turn skewers over and cook 1 hour longer.
3. Transfer skewers to serving platter. Discard cooking liquid. Spoon on reserved sauce and sprinkle with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.