Sausage and Broccoli Rabe Frittata
The frittata will be easier to remove from the skillet if it sits for a few minutes—the top will deflate and the edges will pull away from the pan.
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar, divided
- Kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pounds fresh Spanish chorizo or hot Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, coarsely chopped
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Preheat broiler. Whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Mix in ½ cup cheddar; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet, preferably cast-iron, over medium heat. Add onion and chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened and chorizo is brown, 6–8 minutes.
Add broccoli rabe; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8–10 minutes longer.
Reduce heat to low and pour reserved egg mixture over vegetables. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, until edges are just set, 10–12 minutes. Top frittata with remaining ¼ cup cheddar; broil until top is golden brown and center is set, about 4 minutes longer.
Cut frittata into wedges and serve warm or room temperature.
DO AHEAD: Frittata can be made 2 hours ahead. Let cool, then cover.
Calories (kcal) 310 Fat (g) 22 Saturated Fat (g) 7 Cholesterol (mg) 350 Carbohydrates (g) 6 Dietary Fiber (g) 0 Total Sugars (g) 2 Protein (g) 21 Sodium (mg) 610
You'll also love
- Ginger and Roasted Peach Tequila... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Spiced Plum Cobbler 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- tortilla stack with ground beef 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Honey Roasted Potatoes 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Soy-Braised Pork and Rice 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Jalapeno Cornbread 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Sausage & Panko Pasta 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Broccoli Potato Gratin 4.5/5 (12 Votes)