Roast Pepper Spread With Walnuts and Garlic
- 3 -4 red peppers, roasted (or about 1 1/2 cups canned or jarred roasted red peppers)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (will be using the grated zest and the juice)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- hot red pepper flakes or hot paprika or any small dried chili, to taste
- salt, to taste
Adapted from food.com
Make sure the peppers are without seeds. Combine them in a food processor along with the walnuts, garlic, olive oil, the grated zest of the lemon, and the cumin.
Pulse to process so the ingredients are pulverized but not pureed; you want a paste, but one with a little texture. (If you are feeling energetic and have a mortar and pestle, you can also process by hand.).
Transfer the paste to a bowl and add the juice of the lemon, hot red pepper flakes, and salt. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve, or cover and refrigerate for a day or two (bring back to room temperature before serving).