Halloween Tuna Cheese Melts
These are such cute Halloween sandwiches with the orange cheese showing through the pumpkin cutout, and the little bit of green pepper for the pumpkin stem.
- 8 slices light rye bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (6-ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 slices processed American cheese
- 1 thin slice green pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
With a 2-inch pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter, cut a pumpkin from the center of four slices of bread (discard cutouts or save for another use). Butter one side of bread; place buttered side up on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Butter one side of remaining solid slices of bread. In a large bowl, combine the tuna, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic salt. Spread over unbuttered side of solid bread; top with cheese. Place on baking sheet.
3. Place cutout bread slices over cheese; press down gently. Cut green pepper into small pieces; place on cheese for pumpkin stems. Bake 5 to 8 minutes longer or until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Cherry-Pineapple Pie 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Coconut Martini 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Lobster Burrito 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Pistachio Pesto Crusted Salmon 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Steak with... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Football Cake Pops 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Potato, Egg & Biscuit Breakfast... 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- White Chocolate Christmas Cake 4.7/5 (12 Votes)