Easy Scalloped Potatoes
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup 10 % cream
- 1 cup milk, or enough to cover potatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small handful herbs, assorted
Adapted from marilyn.ca
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and pour in enough cream and milk to cover them completely. Add the garlic, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat. Immediately reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes or until just fork tender.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Transfer the potato mixture with a slotted spoon into a medium baking dish. Using a spatula, even them out and flatten to make sure potatoes are all covered in liquid. Sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Bake until bubbling, golden on top and liquid is fully absorbed, about 15- 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Cauliflower Patties 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Best Ever Apple Pie (Baked in a... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Soup with Crisp... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Great Canadian bacon and potato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp or Scallop Pasta (Sylvia) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes and Ham 0/5 (0 Votes)