Carrabba's Chicken Marsala
I searched for this recipe on-line. I found a link to it from a Knoxsville, TN news station that Carrabba's Italian Grill was the presenter for chicken marsala. It includes the spices for the chicken before grilling. WBIR.com-recipes. Update: I always use 8 oz. fresh mushrooms and add them while sauteeing the shallots, so changed the recipe to my way of making it. Also can add more cornstarch for a thicker sauce, but start with the stated amount and add more to liking.
- Chicken seasoning:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 slice prosciutto, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup lombardo dry marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 chicken breasts
- Olive oil
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from food.com
Melt butter over low heat in a medium saucepan. Turn heat up to medium-high to sauté the prosciutto in the melted butter for about 2 to 3 minutes; be careful not to burn butter, add shallots and mushrooms and sauté for about until vegetables are tender then add the garlic and sauté another 30 seconds. Add marsala wine, simmer for another 30 seconds or so, then add black pepper. Simmer over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
Dissolve cornstarch in chicken stock. Add stock to saucepan and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Add parsley and cream to the sauce and simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat, cover until needed.
Preheat barbecue grill on high heat. Combine ingredients for the chicken spice in a small bowl. Use your thumb and fingers to crush the spices in the bowl to make a finer blend.
Brush each chicken breast generously with olive oil. Sprinkle spice blend over both sides of chicken breast and grill for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until done. Give chicken a one-quarter turn on each side while cooking to make the criss-cross grill marks.
Serve entree by arranging each chicken breast on a plate. Spoon one-quarter of the marsala sauce over each serving of chicken and serve.
You'll also love
- Creamy Homemade Coleslaw 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Chopped Winter Salad 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Church's Fried Chicken 3.9/5 (96 Votes)
- Beef and Barley Soup (Slow Cooker) 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Pork Chop Casserole 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Easy Chicken Alfredo 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Marsala Pasta 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Marsala 4.6/5 (14 Votes)