Lemony Chicken and Orzo Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium leek, white and pale-green parts only, halved lengthwise, sliced crosswise 1/2-inch thick
- 1 celery stalk, sliced crosswise 1/2-inch thick
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Lemon halves (for serving)
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add leek and celery and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are soft, 5-8 minutes. Add chicken and broth; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 15-20 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate. Let cool, then shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
Meanwhile, return broth to a boil. Add orzo and cook until al dente, 8-10 minutes.
Remove pot from heat. Stir in chicken and dill. Serve with lemon halves for squeezing over.
You'll also love
- Bow-Ties with Chicken and Asparagus 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Pumpkin Muffins 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Apple Cider Baby Back Ribs 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Baked Coconut Shrimp with... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Orange Slice Jello 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Peach Lemonade 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Tuna Pasta Salad 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Three Cheese Baked Ziti with... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)