Macaroni and Beef Crockpot
- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes --- any flavor, or plain
- 1 can water (empty tomato can)
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (26-ounce) jar prepared pasta sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) package elbow macaroni (I used brown rice pasta)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Adapted from crockpot365.blogspot.com
Use a 6-quart slow cooker. In a large skillet, brown the beef, bacon and onion all together until the meat is no longer pink. Drain well and plop into your slow cooker. Add everything else into the pot except for the pasta and cheese.
Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for about 4. Stir in the raw pasta and cook on high for approximately 30 minutes, or until pasta is bite-tender. Serve in a wide-mouthed bowl with a handful of cheese on each serving.