Bonnie's Orecchiette Pasta
- 1- 1 1/2 # sweet italian sausage, casing removed (usually 3 links)
- 12 oz package orecchiette pasta- smallest bag
- Small bag of fresh spinach
- Creamy Sage Butter Sauce
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon of flour
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste
1)Take sausage out of the casing and brown.
2) At the same time boil water and cook the orecchiette pasta according to package directions. I use a whole small bag. And I so get the small size.
3) After the sausage is brown I drain it in a colander so I can use the pan to make the creamy sage butter sauce. Recipe below.
4) When sauce is ready I add a small package of baby spinach and wilt it. Once the spinach is wilted I return the sausage and add the pasta stir it all up and the pasta is ready.
Make Creamy Sage Butter Sauce
1) Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add flour and cook two minutes.
2) Add chopped sage leaves and cook for two minutes.
3) Pour in the heavy cream and chicken broth and cook until hot.
4) Season with salt and pepper.