- 1 cup reconstituted dried mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup seasoned dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds London broil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the dried and fresh mushrooms, the onion, bell pepper, garlic, bread crumbs, parsley and thyme.
As though you were cutting a loaf of French bread, cut the beef lengthwise almost all the way through; spread open. Spread the mushroom mixture evenly over the inside of the beef. Starting from one short end, roll up jelly-roll style; tie the beef roll together securely with kitchen string.
In a nonstick Dutch oven or flameproof casserole, heat the oil. Add the beef and cook, turning as needed, until browned, about 10 minutes. Add the wine. Bake, covered, until the beef is cooked through and tender, about 1 hour. Serve with the sauce.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Per Serving: 230 Calories, 6 g Total Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 65 mg Cholesterol, 328 mg Sodium, 12 g Total Carbohydrate, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 28 g Protein, 30 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 1 Bread, 1 Fruit/Vegetable, 3 Protein/Milk, 1 Fat.
Points Per Serving: 5.