- For 1 cup of Bisquick Substitution:
- 6 cups All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- 3 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup (125 g) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (8 g) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (pinch) salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) shortening, oil, or melted butter
Adapted from thefrugalette.com
Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together.
Cut the butter into the mix by using a pastry cutter.
You shouldn't see any pieces of butter left.
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 months, or a freezer up to a year.