Mexican Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork loin cutlets - (4 oz ea)
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes - (14 1/2 oz)
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat. Add the pork and brown 2 minutes on each side; transfer to a 3-quart casserole.
Spray the same skillet with more nonstick cooking spray. Add the pepper and onion; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, corn, salsa, oregano and cumin; cook, stirring as needed, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Pour the corn mixture evenly over the pork. Bake, covered, until the pork is tender, about 45 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: 286 Calories, 8 g Total Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 67 mg Cholesterol, 230 mg Sodium, 27 g Total Carbohydrate, 6 g Dietary Fiber, 28 g Protein, 72 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 1 Bread, 1 Fruit/Vegetable, 3 Protein/Milk.
Points Per Serving: 5.