Marinated Beet And Jicama Salad
- 1 can sliced beets - (15 oz) drained
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fat-free raspberry vinaigrette salad
- 1/2 cup diced jicama*
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
* Jicama (HEE-ca-ma), a crispy, tuberous vegetable similar to water chestnuts in taste and texture, can be found in most supermarkets and Latino grocery stores.
In a medium bowl, combine the beets, scallions and salad dressing; refrigerate, covered, until the flavors are blended, at least 1 hour.
Stir in the jicama. Place 1 cup of the lettuce on each of 4 plates. Top with the beet mixture.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: 52 Calories, 0 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 237 mg Sodium, 12 g Total Carbohydrate, 3 g Dietary Fiber, 2 g Protein, 41 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 2 Fruit/Vegetables.
Points Per Serving: 0.