- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 onions chopped
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup lentils picked over, rinsed and drained
- 1 can no-salt-added tomato sauce - (8 oz)
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach - (10 oz) thawed
In a large nonstick saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onions, celery and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the lentils, tomato sauce, broth, oregano and 3 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, stirring as needed, until the lentils are tender, about 45 minutes.
Stir in the spinach and cook, stirring as needed, until the spinach is heated through, about 5 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: 263 Calories, 6 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 120 mg Sodium, 40 g Total Carbohydrate, 9 g Dietary Fiber, 17 g Protein, 155 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 2 Fruit/Vegetables, 2 Protein/Milk, 1 Fat.
Points Per Serving: 4.