Lamb And Vegetable Stew With Rosemary
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds lean lamb cut into 1" cubes
- 3 onions chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 5 carrots cut into 1" chunks
- 1 can no-salt-added crushed tomatoes - (28 oz)
- 5 celery stalks cut into 1" chunks
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary leaves crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 8 small red potatoes scrubbed, and cut into 1" chunks
- 8 small pearl onions peeled
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
In a large nonstick saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the oil. Add the lamb and cook, turning as needed, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the chopped onions and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until the onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the carrots, tomatoes, celery, broth, wine, rosemary and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring as needed. Reduce the heat and cook, covered, until the lamb is partly cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Add the potatoes and pearl onions; cook, covered, stirring as needed, until the lamb and vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Per Serving: 353 Calories, 9 g Total Fat, 3 g Saturated Fat, 70 mg Cholesterol, 147 mg Sodium, 36 g Total Carbohydrate, 6 g Dietary Fiber, 27 g Protein, 90 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 1 Bread, 2 Fruit/Vegetables, 3 Protein/Milk, 1 Fat.
Points Per Serving: 7.