- 1 lb. (454g) extra lean ground beef
- 1 box (900ml.) beef broth
- 1 can (284ml.) condensed tomato with basil and oregano soup
- 2 cups water (500ml.)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7ml.) dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. (2ml.) ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250ml.) diced fresh tomato
- 2 cups (500ml.) whole wheat short lasagna noodle shaped pasta
- 3 tbsp. (45ml.) shredded parmesan cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Spray large heavy bottomed saucepan or dutch oven lightly with cooking spray. Brown beef well at medium high heat.
Add broth, soup, water, garlic, oregano, pepper and tomato. Heat to a boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta and reduce heat.
Cover and cook at gentle boil until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.