- 12 slices reduced-calorie oatmeal bread
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (10% or less fat)
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons seasoned dried bread crumbs
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray twelve 2 3/4-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 slice of bread in each muffin cup, pressing firmly to mold into the shape of the cup.
In a medium bowl, combine the beef, onion, bread crumbs, egg, garlic and pepper. Spoon evenly into the bread-lined muffin cups. Top each with 1 teaspoon of the barbecue sauce and an even sprinkling of the cheese.
Bake until the beef is cooked through and browned, about 25 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: 322 Calories, 11 g Total Fat, 3 g Saturated Fat, 90 mg Cholesterol, 667 mg Sodium, 39 g Total Carbohydrate, 1 g Dietary Fiber, 23 g Protein, 184 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 2 Breads, 2 Protein/Milk.
Points Per Serving: 7.