Green Bean And Pear Salad
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
- 3 pears cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts toasted*
* To toast the pine nuts, place a nonstick skillet over medium heat; add the pine nuts and cook, stirring constantly, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
In a large saucepan, steam the beans until tender-crisp, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, vinegar, oil, mustard and pepper. Add the beans, pears, cheese and pine nuts; toss to combine. Serve warm, or refrigerate, covered, until chilled, at least 2 hours.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Per Serving: 103 Calories, 3 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 7 mg Cholesterol, 107 mg Sodium, 17 g Total Carbohydrate, 3 g Dietary Fiber, 3 g Protein, 71 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 1 Fruit/Vegetable, 1 Fat.
Points Per Serving: 2.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Bacon, Pear & Raspberry Grilled... 4.5/5 (69 Votes)
- Pears with Cranberries, Pistachio... 4.5/5 (63 Votes)