- 3 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato cut into 1" chunks
- 1/2 cup cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 scallions sliced
- 6 large kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 small whole-wheat pita breads warmed
In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, cheese, scallions and olives.
In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid or in a small bowl, combine the vinegar, dill, garlic, oregano and black pepper; cover and shake well or whisk until blended. Pour over the lettuce mixture; toss to combine. Serve with the pitas.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Per Serving: 235 Calories, 10 g Total Fat, 4 g Saturated Fat, 19 mg Cholesterol, 667 mg Sodium, 31 g Total Carbohydrate, 6 g Dietary Fiber, 9 g Protein, 184 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 1 Bread, 3 Fruit/Vegetables, 1 Protein/Milk, 1 Fat.
Points Per Serving: 4.