Greek Baked Fish With Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can no-salt-added whole tomatoes - (28 oz) coarsely chopped
- 4 carrots thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/4 pounds fish fillets (perch, orange roughy, cod or flounder)
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a large nonstick saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the oil. Add the onions and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, carrots, bell pepper, wine and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring as needed, until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 20 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
Ladle half of the sauce into a 2 1/2-quart casserole; top with the fish. Ladle the remaining sauce on top. Bake until the fish is opaque, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve, sprinkled with the black pepper.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: 283 Calories, 6 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 128 mg Cholesterol, 155 mg Sodium, 26 g Total Carbohydrate, 6 g Dietary Fiber, 31 g Protein, 230 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 2 Fruit/Vegetables, 2 Protein/Milk, 1 Fat.
Points Per Serving: 5.