Ginger Shrimp Stir-Fry
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp peeled, deveined
- 2 carrots julienned
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled gingerroot
- 3 garlic doves minced
- 2 cups trimmed snow peas
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted*
* To toast the sesame seeds, place a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the sesame seeds and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the shrimp; cook, stirring as needed, until pink, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
Add the carrots to the skillet; cook, stirring as needed, until tender-crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until the garlic is lightly browned, about 1 minute. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until heated through, about 1 minute longer.
Add the shrimp, snow peas, broth, soy sauce, and sesame oil; bring to a boil, stirring as needed. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until heated through, about 1 minute longer. Serve the rice, topped with the shrimp mixture; sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: 446 Calories, 9 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 175 mg Cholesterol, 315 mg Sodium, 59 g Total Carbohydrate, 7 g Dietary Fiber, 32 g Protein, 175 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 2 Breads, 1 Fruit/Vegetable, 2 Protein/Milk, 1 Fat.
Points Per Serving: 8.