Pumpkin Sweet Potato Bread
Really healthy ingredients--very dense and moist bread.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 2 t pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup loosely packed grated sweet potato
- 1 apple, grated and squeezed dry
- 1 T grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped sweetened dates
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir together eggs, brown sugar, pineapple, pumpkin, sweet potato, apple, and ginger until combined.
Make a well in center of dry ingredients. Add pumpkin mixture, stirring just until combined. Add melted coconut oil and dates, stirring to combine. Spoon into prepared pan, smoothing top with an offset spatula (I used my regular spatula).
Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool completely on a wire rack.