No Peek Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breasts cut into thirds or 12 chicken tenders
- 2 boxes Rice a Roni, uncooked and use the entire contents (chicken or rice pilaf works well)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 oz.) can of evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. curry powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbs. butter
Place rice mixes in a 9"x13" baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. You DO NOT cook the rice mixes beforehand and you do use the seasoning packets. In another bowl combine the soups, milk, celery, green pepper, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, curry powder, and black pepper.
Lay the chicken pieces over the rice. Pour the soup mixture evenly over all. Dot the top with the butter.
Cover tightly with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes. DO NOT PEEK or remove foil! At the end of the time, remove foil and sprinkle with a little paprika or seasoned salt for color and place back in oven for about 10 minutes.