Fettuccine With Crab And Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 8 small plum tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup no-salt added tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 pound cooked crabmeat picked over, flaked
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 6 ounces fettuccine
- 4 scallions sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
In a large nonstick skillet, bring the broth, onion and garlic to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring as needed, until the onion is softened and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, basil, black pepper and cayenne; cook, stirring as needed, until the tomatoes are softened, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the crab and parsley; cook, stirring as needed, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid; place the fettuccine in a serving bowl. Immediately add the crab mixture and the cooking liquid; toss to coat. Serve, sprinkled with the scallions and cheese.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: 311 Calories, 3 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 88 mg Cholesterol, 320 mg Sodium, 41 g Total Carbohydrate, 3 g Dietary Fiber, 26 g Protein, 169 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 2 Breads, 1 Fruit/Vegetable, 2 Protein/Milk.
Points Per Serving: 6.
You'll also love
- Crispy Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Noodles With Turkey Sausage And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hand Of Pickled Pork With Mustard... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broiled Lobster Tail With Sauce... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Italian Seafood Boil 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive And Sun-Dried Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chinese Crab Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine With Morels, Asparagus,... 0/5 (0 Votes)