- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound cooked peeled medium shrimp
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
In a large nonstick saucepan, heat the oil. Add the pepper, onion and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the flour, curry, ginger and salt; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the broth; cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 2 minutes.
Add the shrimp and cook, stirring as needed, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve the rice, topped with the shrimp mixture.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: 395 Calories, 6 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 223 mg Cholesterol, 441 mg Sodium, 53 g Total Carbohydrate, 5 g Dietary Fiber, 31 g Protein, 86 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 2 Breads, 1 Fruit/Vegetable, 2 Protein/Milk, 1 Fat.
Points Per Serving: 7.