- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup yogurt cheese*
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Parsley sprigs
* To prepare yogurt cheese, spoon 1 1/2 cups plain nonfat yogurt into a coffee filter or a cheesecloth-lined strainer; place it over a bowl. Refrigerate, covered, at least 5 hours or overnight. Discard the liquid in the bowl. Makes 3/4 cup yogurt cheese.
In a medium bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt cheese, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, until the flavors are blended, at least 1 hour. Serve garnished with the parsley.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Per Serving: 91 Calories, 2 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 333 mg Sodium, 9 g Total Carbohydrate, 0 g Dietary Fiber, 7 g Protein, 224 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 1 Fruit/Vegetable, 1 Protein/Milk, 1 Fat.
Points Per Serving: 2