Creamy Chicken And Spinach
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach - (10 oz) thawed, squeezed dry
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked medium pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, 5 to 6 minutes.
Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the flour is lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually stir in the milk and broth; cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the chicken, spinach and pepper; return to a boil, stirring as needed. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, stirring as needed, until the chicken is cooked, 6 to 8 minutes.
Place the pasta in a serving bowl; add the chicken mixture and toss to combine. Serve, sprinkled with the cheese.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: 231 Calories, 3 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 35 mg Cholesterol, 135 mg Sodium, 29 g Total Carbohydrate, 3 g Dietary Fiber, 21 g Protein, 145 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 2 Breads, 1 Fruit/Vegetable, 3 Protein/Milk.
Points Per Serving: 4.