CHICKEN CACIATORE IN CROCK POT
- 1 3/4 cups vertically sliced onion
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 6 small round red potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 (6-ounce) bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Chopped fresh thyme (optional)
1. Place onion in a 6-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray; top with carrots and potatoes.
2. Combine broth, next 3 ingredients, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over vegetables.
3. Combine paprika, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; rub over chicken. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 1/2 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender. Garnish with additional thyme, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.