Pumpkin-Spice Cupcakes with Maple Frosting
"Even grown-ups like cupcakes—sometimes it's nice not to have to share," says Garten. You can make these and the frosting the night before, but don't ice them until the big day.
- MAPLE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing the pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée (not pie filling)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed Maple Frosting (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Heath bars, for serving (two 1.4 ounce bars)
- (Frosts 10 cupcakes)
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush the top of a muffin pan with vegetable oil and line it with 10 paper liners.
Into a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
In a larger bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and then ½ cup vegetable oil. Add flour mixture and stir to combine.
Scoop batter into the prepared tins (Garten uses a 2¼-inch ice cream scoop) and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool completely, spread the cupcakes with maple frosting, and sprinkle with chopped Heath bars.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla on medium-low until very smooth.
With the mixer on low, slowly add sugar and mix until smooth.
You'll also love
- Apple Monkey Bread for a Crowd 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Fresh Peach Salsa 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Spinach-Parmesan Dip 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Dad's Sweet Potato Pie 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Peanut Brittle 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (The Miller... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)