Jalapeño Popper Wontons
This is a simple, crowd-pleasing appetizer that will surely bring the crunch and the spice to your next gathering. The filling is creamy and just a little bit spicy, and the crunchy wonton shell is the perfect crispy texture that you crave. You can adapt these to be baked instead for a lighter appetizer. You can even prepare the wontons ahead of time and freeze them to cut down on your prep time so that you can heat these up in a flash for an appetizer any time you have a snack attack.
- 1 package refrigerated square wonton wrappers
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeds and ribs removed, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- vegetable oil for frying
- coarse salt to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from halfhourmeals.com
In a bowl, combine cream cheese, jalapeños, and cheddar cheese.
Arrange wontons in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Add 1 teaspoon of the filling to the center of each wonton (don't overfill them).
Dip your fingers in a bowl of water and run your wet fingers around all edges of each wonton. Fold the wontons over the filling, pinching the edges to seal to make a triangle and removing any air bubbles.
Fry wontons in batches in hot oil until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with coarse salt. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip 4.4/5 (80 Votes)
- Pecan Praline Bark 4.5/5 (81 Votes)
- Soft Oatmeal Cookies 4.4/5 (81 Votes)
- Spinach Feta Crescent Rolls 4.3/5 (87 Votes)
- Grilled Corn with Herb Butter 4.5/5 (69 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Zucchini Cakes 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Red Curry Shrimp Dumplings 4.8/5 (27 Votes)