Salted Carmel Chocolate Cake
- 1 small (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups chopped caramels
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- whipped cream, for serving (optional)
Adapted from tablespoon.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13-by-9-inch pan and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together chocolate pudding and milk for one minute to combine.
Add cake mix ONLY and stir until thoroughly combined.
Spread batter evenly into bottom of prepared pan (batter will be thick). Sprinkle with chopped caramels. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste (remember: A little bit goes a long way).
Bake cake 30-40 minutes or until edges pull away from sides and a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean.
Remove cake from oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
Pour chocolate chips into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is fully melted. Using a spoon, drizzle chocolate over cooled cake.
Serve cake with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.