Roasted Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
Chickpeas are super healthy and they’re also delicious! They are high in protein and make a great snack. Be sure to portion this snack out or else you’ll find you’ve eaten the entire lot! Make them with any favorite spice mix, or do it simply with just a dash of salt.
- One 15-ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Creole or Cajun seasoning or Spice blend of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Drain the can of garbanzo beans in a strainer and rinse with water for a few seconds to clean off the beans. Shake and tap the strainer to rid of excess water. beans must be completely dry.
3. Lay paper towl on a baking sheet, and spread the beans over. Use another paper towel to gently press and absorb the water on the beans. Roll the beans around with the paper towel to also remove the thin skin from any of the beans. Discard the skins and the paper towels.
4. Drizzle the olive oil over the beans and use your hands or a spatula to toss around and coat. Roast for 30-40 minutes until the beans are a deep golden brown and crunchy. Make sure that the beans do not burn.
5. Season with salt and spice blend.