Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 3- 8 oz. pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 - Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar for crust. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 forks until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 9x13 baking pan lined with heavy duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, l at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
In a small bowl, stir together the chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
In another small bowl, combine all ingredients for streusel topping and sprinkle evenly over top of apples. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping and let cool. Serve cold.