- 1 tsp. oil
- 4 to 6 carrots, sliced
- 1 lb or 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 3/4 cups (4 ozs) prunes or raisins
- 2 to 3 tsp. honey or 4 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- dash of salt
- 2 slices pineapple, cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg (optional)
- Use: 2-quart saucepan
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Coat bottom of 2-quart saucepan with oil, and heat. Add carrots and cook on low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes. Add sweet potato, prunes, honey, orange juice and dash of salt. Cook over low flame for 30 minutes.
Add pineapple and nutmeg, if desired. After 5 minutes, remove from heat. Serve warm.