Adzuki Bean Soup with Quinoa and Swiss Chard
- Adzuki Soak
- 250 grams adzuki
- 2 quartes cold water
- The Base
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 celery stick chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tbsp smoked spicy paprika
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 whole tomatoes chopped in 4
- 2 quarts cold water
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup chopped swiss chard
- 1 piece kombu
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place beans in a large bowl and cover with water and let sit over night. Drain and rinse before using.
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat and then add onion, carrots and celery and cook for about 10 mins.
Add the chopped garlic and cook for another 5 mins.
Then add the spices and cook other 5 mins.
Then add the tomato paste and cook another 3 mins.
Then add the tomatoes and cook another 5 mins.
Then add the water and bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 hours depending on beans. In the last 15 mins add the remaining ingredients.
Serve hot with some nice wholewheat brown bread and a little extra-virgin olive oil.
You'll also love
- Teriyaki Beef Jerky 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Deer Summer Sausage 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Pineapple Ham Loaf 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- ICE CREAM W RUM RAISIN SAUCE 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamy Skillet Tortellini with... 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Artichoke Pie 3.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Baked Pasta with Spinach, Ricotta... 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Sausage and Swiss Chard Rigatoni 0/5 (0 Votes)