Soy-Glazed Chicken Breasts with Asparagus and Scallions
A little bit of sweetness makes these especially appealing to pint-size palates.
- 2 teaspoons aniseed
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 chicken breasts
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 3/4 lb.), trimmed
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Toast aniseed in a small dry skillet over medium heat, tossing, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Let cool; finely chop.
Whisk garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, and aniseed in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Let sit at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450°. Transfer chicken and marinade to a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, placing chicken skin side down. Roast until fat begins to render, 15–20 minutes. Turn chicken skin side up and continue to roast, basting occasionally with pan drippings, until chicken is cooked through and deeply browned, 15–20 minutes longer.
After turning chicken, toss asparagus and scallions with oil on another rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, shaking pan halfway through, until tender, 10–15 minutes (thinner stalks will cook more quickly).
Transfer chicken to a platter. Pour any pan juices into a glass measuring cup. Let sit a few minutes, then spoon off fat from surface.
Spoon pan juices over chicken and serve with asparagus, scallions, cilantro, and lime wedges.
DO AHEAD: Chicken can be marinated 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Calories (kcal) 690 Fat (g) 25 Saturated Fat (g) 6 Cholesterol (mg) 375 Carbohydrates (g) 20 Dietary Fiber (g) 4 Total Sugars (g) 12 Protein (g) 93 Sodium (mg) 910
You'll also love
- Baked Shrimp Scampi 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Zucchini Asiago 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- BANANA SNOWMAN 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Grilled Fish With Garlic, White... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Pork Chops With Mushroom Gravy 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Brazilian Style Skewered Pork 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- CRUNCHY PARMESAN CHICKEN TENDERS 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped "Meat Lovers Pizza"... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)