Oatmeal Cookie Butter
- 1 cup lightly toasted walnuts
- 1 cup lightly toasted rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raisins or currents
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch salt, optional (leave out of you are using salted nuts)
- 1 to 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil or *unsweetened vanilla nondairy milk
Add the walnut, oats, raisins, cinnamon, and salt to your food processor. You will need to stop and scrape the sides down a few times before the mixture gets sluggish.
Scrape down the sides one more time and add in the coconut oil (or nondairy milk) 1 tablespoon at a time. If you are using the nondairy milk you may need to add a third tablespoon to get it smoother.
Process until creamy. It will still have a few tiny oat and raisin flecks, but the nuts should be smooth.
Store in the fridge. If you use the coconut oil the butter will get hard in the fridge, so you will need to take it out ahead of time to get it to spread smoothly on your bread.