Make Ahead Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes are made ahead of time and then baked in a slow cooker to melt the flavors. You can make them the day before, just make sure to increase the cooking time, since they will be put in the slow cooker cold.
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, to top potatoes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 150mins
Add the peeled potatoes to a large pot of water, making sure they are covered. Bring them to a boil and cook until tender.
In a large bowl, beat sour cream and cream cheese together.
Add hot potatoes and beat until smooth.
Add butter, chives, salt and pepper to taste.
Place in greased two quart slow cooker.
Dot with butter and sprinkle paprika on top.
Set slow cooker on low and cook for one hour
Serves 8 to 10.
Note: You can make the mashed potatoes the day ahead of time and refrigerate. If they are refrigerated when you put them in the slow cooker, increase the cooking time to 2 hours, to make sure they are good and hot for serving,
You'll also love
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Marinated then Baked Pork... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Homemade Freckled Lemonade 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Gluten Free Buttermilk... 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Lace Cornbread 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Sparkling Cider Rum Cocktail 4.1/5 (41 Votes)
- Meatloaf, Potatoes and Carrots 4.4/5 (11 Votes)