- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 T. cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Prepare waxed paper lined trays and set aside so they will be ready when the candy is. You don't have time to do it then.
2. Combine the sugars, cream, and butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until it comes to the boil. Reduce heat and continue stirring until mixture comes to 239° on the candy thermometer.
3. Remove from heat and quickly stir in the vanilla and pecans. Stir briskly (I know you're tired of stirring!) until the mixture becomes thick and cloudy looking. It should only take about a minute.
4. Quickly drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper lined tray and allow to cool.
If the mixture gets too thick so that you can't drop by spoonfuls, you can thin it out a bit by adding a little warm water (1 T. or so).