Grilled Skirt Steak with Garlic and Herbs
By Side Passion
- 1 C Basil leaves
- 3 Scallions, white and green parts
- 2 Tbs lemon thyme leaves
- 2 Fat garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbs coarsely chopped pwpweoncini (1-2 peppers), pickled jalapeno or other pickled pepper
- 2.5 tsp kosher salt
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2.5 lbs Skirt steak
in a blender or food processor, combine basil, scallions, lemon thyme, garlic, peperoncini, salt and lemon zest and juice. Pour olive oil over mixture; blend until it turns to paste.
Using paper towels, pat steak dry and place in a large bowl; slather paste mixture all over meat. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Light the grill. Use a paper towel to pat steak dry.(You can leave some of the paste, but for the best sear, the meat should be dry when it hits the grill.) Grill meat over direct heat until char lines appear and meat is done to taste, 3-5 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing against the grain and serving, garnish with herbs and scallions.