Applesauce Cake (Grandma Bea Phillips recipe)
By Terry M
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 cups applesauce with 3 tsp baking soda added to it
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups of raisins
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Flour and grease a tube pan or 2 loaf pans.
2. Stir together applesauce and baking soda. Set aside. Cream butter, sugar and eggs together, add to applesauce mix.
3. Stir together dry ingredients; flour, cloves, all spice, cinnamon & salt, add to applesauce mixture. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
4. Pour into baking pan. Bake 350 degrees, tube pan for 1 hour 20 minutes or loaf pans for 1 hour.