Spicy Lettuce-Wrapped Chicken
Crisp cups of Bibb lettuce envelope jalapeno-spiked chopped chicken thighs in these appetizer servings of Spicy Lettuce-Wrapped Chicken.
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 red Fresno pepper or jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Garnishes: fresh cilantro leaves, chopped peanuts
- Pepper Lime Dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Adapted from Coastalliving.com
1. Core lettuce, and soak in cold water 15 minutes. Drain; separate leaves, and set aside.
2. Place chicken in food processor, and pulse until coarsely chopped or minced. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and sauté, stirring often, 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in shallots and next 3 ingredients. Stir in Pepper-Lime Dressing.
3. To serve, spoon chicken mixture into center of lettuce leaves, and garnish, if desired.
Pepper Lime Dressing
Combine first 5 ingredients in a blender; process until a smooth paste forms. Add remaining ingredients, and process until well combined.
You'll also love
- Kofte Lamb Kebabs 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Martini 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Chili... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Best Canned Tomato Salsa 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Couscous & Kale 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Tofu: Spinach and Tofu Dumplings 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Asian Lettuce Wraps 4.5/5 (17 Votes)