Five Ingredient Ice Cream
It takes only 5 ingredients to make this fabulously creamy family pleaser! Before freezing, you can also add crushed sandwich cookies, nuts, chocolate chips, coconut or other favorites!
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint heavy cream
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 245mins
In a medium bowl, stir together cold milk, vanilla, condensed milk and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat heavy cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold milk mixture into whipped cream.
Pour into shallow 2 quart dish, cover and freeze for 4 hours, stirring once after 2 hours or when edges start to harden. Serve or store in an airtight container up to 10 days.
TIPS: be sure to fold the whipped cream in very carefully as you do not want to crush all the air out of it. Some people have complained that you get a greasy film on the top of your mouth, this is because of the fat in the cream. It can be remedied by adding other ingredients such as berries which break up the cream. Make sure to use good quality vanilla or don't be surprised that it tastes like cream and condensed milk (duh.) This ice cream freezes rock hard so be sure to take it out a bit before serving.
You'll also love
- EASY DIRTY RICE 4.7/5 (27 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- PB2 Frozen PB Cups 4.1/5 (70 Votes)
- Chocolate Malt Ice Cream Cake 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- 3-ingredient Cinnamon Rolls 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Chinese Chicken Salad, Made Lite 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Vanilla Ice Cream 4.5/5 (33 Votes)