BOBBY’S LIGHTER LEMON BARS
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, allowing the foil to extend over the pan by 2 inches. Lightly spray with nonstick spray.
Whisk together 1 cup of the flour, the salt, and baking powder in a small bowl. Whisk together the eggs and egg white in a small bowl until blended.
To make the crust, with an electric mixer on low speed, beat the butter in a medium bowl until smooth. Add 1/4 cup of the sugar and beat until blended. Beat in 1 tablespoon of the egg mixture and 1 teaspoon water. Gradually beat in the flour mixture until blended. Evenly press the dough onto the bottom and 1/4 inch up the sides of the pan. Bake until the crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F.
Meanwhile, to make the filling, whisk together the remaining 1/3 cup flour and the remaining 3/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl. Whisk in the remaining egg mixture, the zest, and juice until blended.
Pour the lemon mixture over the warm crust. Bake until the filling is set, about 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Lift from the pan using the foil as handles. Cut into 16 squares.
Original recipe courtesy Paula Deen: Lemon Bars
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: 121 Cal (22% from Fat, 7% from Protein, 71% from Carb); 2 g Protein; 3 g Tot Fat; 2 g Sat Fat; 1 g Mono Fat; 22 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 13 g Sugar; 11 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 74 mg Sodium; 36 mg Cholesterol
You'll also love
- Creamy Cilantro Tomatillo Dressing 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Crockpot Pasta E Fagioli Soup 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Guinness & Onion Soup with Irish... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Pineapple Cheese Ball 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Big Apple Manhattan Cocktail 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Key Lime Coconut Bars 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Lemon Cheesecake 4.4/5 (30 Votes)